However, not all went well, I think something went wrong when I converted the measurements from cups to grams. My cookie dough was too soft, having the consistency of a cake batter rather than a dough o.o even after chilling it overnight, the dough softens in a few minutes when I took it out of the fridge, making it impossible to work with. I suppose the heat and humidity in sunny Singapore played a part too, and so I ended up with a huge sticky mess ):
Improvising, I added some flour and sugar and continue to mix the dough, and popping it back into the fridge every now and then. Eventually it worked, and I was able to cut my dough into various shapes. After baking, the cookies were less airy than they should have been, which was quite disappointing. maybe in the future, I would pipe the cookies instead as they would just misbehave in this heat.
The icing worked beautifully however, it isn't as rock hard as royal icing (: I dyed my icing pink and blue, and spent the entire afternoon decorating (:
Of course, I couldn't resist doing a deathly hallows one!
(:


No comments:
Post a Comment