So there was one day where I was just surfing the net and making myself hungry by looking food blogs, and I came across this Dulce de Leche recipe from David Lebovitz! It sounded super awesome and heavenly and simple to make so I just went ahead to the super market to buy a can of condense milk ;D
And here it is! In all its golden and sweet-smelling glory. It works quite wonderfully as an ice cream topping, but it's too sweet for macarons. Downside to the simple recipe is that it requires a really long time in the oven, not very ideal when the electricity bills are already sky high :/As my heart was in pain from the electricity bills, I had to put the Duche de Leche into good use. As I have this trusty brownies recipe from Martha Stewart, I decided to make brownies filled with dollops of this milky goodness and scattered with leftover oreo cookies from my previous baking of Cookies and Cream Mint Macarons.
The outcome was rather magical! I love the texture of the softened oreos and the randomly scattered sweet drops of dulce de leche amongst the bitter and chewy brownie. And did I mention how I looove the brownie crust? <3 10="" a="" and="" awesome.="" beyond="" crust="" egg="" ensure="" for="" formation.="" has="" is="" it="" martha="" minutes="" mixture="" of="" p="" stewart="" sugar="" the="" thick="" to="" whisking="" whole="" words.="" you="">
3>



No comments:
Post a Comment